With summer picnics and BBQs going strong, this roasted eggplant & tomato dip is the perfect addition to any party, and an easy and fun way to eat your veggies (you know I'm all about those veggies!).
It's a forgiving recipe, so you can add vegetables you have sitting around (zucchini works particularly well, and you can try parsnips, onion or leek), play around with the spices... I'm not a stickler for sticking to a recipe 😉. This version is garlic & onion free and FODMAP friendly.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cayenne to taste
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Slice eggplant and tomatoes in half, place face down on roasting sheet
- Roast 45 minutes
- Meanwhile, finely dice pepper
- When tomatoes are cool to the touch, remove tomato skins
- Blend eggplant and tomatoes well
- Stir in diced pepper and spices
Yield:about 2 cups.