Monday, 6 February 2017

Chickpea Lentil Veggie Soup




I've always been told that making soup is "intuitive" and "you can't mess it up". But I've never actually made soup.  So when I decided to make up a batch of lentil soup this week for my mom who wasn't feeling well (we all know soup cures all that ails ya), I had to find a recipe.

I'm pretty good at not following recipes, so when it turned out I barely had any lentils and didn't want to risk using ingredients family members don't eat, I discovered just how intuitive cooking soup really is. Here's the recipe I ended up making, but you really can't mess this up! Add what you have on hand, omit what you please, and make it yours 😊

Are you a recipe follower or adapter? Comment below!


Pin it!


Chickpea Lentil Veggie Soup

Yields: 8 cups

Recipe:

1/2 cup dry lentils
1/2 cup dry wheat berries
1 cup canned chickpeas
2 carrots sliced into rounds
1-2 celery stalks sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp parsley flakes
8 cups water

Add all ingredients to a pot. Allow soup to boil, and then simmer for at least 1/2 an hour before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment